Thanks for patch.
Warlords Battlecry III - Widescreen Patch
A downloadable patch for Windows
*This patch requires a full legitimate copy of the game.*
Changelog - 1.04 Beta 2
July 28th, 2018
Unofficial Widescreen patch for Warlords Battlecry 3.
This is the second update to my Warlords Battlecry III widescreen patch. After a bit of a break, I've hopped back in and fixed and enhanced quite a few things.
Hope you'll enjoy the added enhancements and bug fixes!
Patch page can be found here: https://heythere.coffee/wbc3/
This was developed from the last official patch. As such no features/changes of the unoffical patches are included. You should apply this patch on top of a fresh GOG or Steam install!
Also due to some rendering changes this may not work on older previously supported systems. This has only been tested with Windows 10.
Third party/Open source licenses can be found in osslicenses.txt under the installation folder.
New Features / Changes
- Enhancements to the game's rendering code.
- You can now use things like Steam overlay with the game.
- A framerate limiter has been added. This can be adjusted to any number in
- Improved rendering pacing. Less stutterin', more slaughterin'!
- Enhancements to windowed mode.
- The game now uses JSON files for settings instead of registry. (These files are located under
Documents/Warlords Battlecry III/Settings.)
- Added new launch parameter
EDITOR. (Allows you to directly launch your game to the editor.)
- Added "Test Scenario" functionality. Allows you to test maps more quickly and directly from the editor!
- Added a
neatborder to menus.
- The editor now has a filler image between its control panel.
- Small adjustments to multiplayer selection screen.
- Added more animal variety to the Mutate spell.
- Adjusted time for Retinue popup to appear.
- Included the lost Battle Report maps. (Eldritch Tower, Gold of Khax Barak, The Dark Path, and the Jawbone of Sartek.)
- Added an option to disable/enable edge scrolling.
Bug Fixes (Bugs From 1.04 Widescreen)
- Fixed editor grid incorrectly displaying.
- Fixed video playback, including subtitles.
- Fixed various random black screens on menus.
- Fixed campaign's world map.
- Fixed various tooltips.
- Fixed various edge scrolling bugs.
Bug Fixes (Bugs From 1.03 Official)
- Fixed editor becoming incredibly slow if you resigned from a match earlier.
- Fixed environmental sounds not playing at the start of a match.
- Fixed advanced option restrictions not actually restricting production (e.g.
No Dragonsmode not actually restricting dragon production.)
- Fixed a crash relating to StratMap (Minimap) at the end of a game.
- Fixed extra large grasslands random map's lower half being very empty.
- Fixed the hero ability
Reave. It now has the intended effect of extra damage against large targets.
- Fixed Daemon heroes being associated as
Good. They are now
- Fixed Barbarian heroes being associated as
Good. They are now
Arcane Runenot affecting the Spider Priestess.
- Fullscreen mode is actually just borderless windowed mode.
- You must save before you "Test Scenario" in Editor.
- The "Test Scenario" feature uses the current map settings and passive AI. Please adjust these to your liking and save before you test it out.
- Rain speed is tied to framerate.
- Slow performance can occur on higher resolutions.
- Been a while!Jul 29, 2018